Promont Switzerland AG is an Agri-business with two subsidiaries in Côte d’Ivoire: A cocoa plant in Duékoué (completed) and a Tomato paste and manioc starch production plant in Kotobo (under construction). Sustainability, Consistency and Responsibility are our founding values.Promont Switzerland AG is an Agri-business with two subsediaries in Côte d’Ivoire: A cocoa plant in Duékoué (completed) and a Tomato paste and manioc starch production plant in Kotobo (under construction). Sustainability, Consistency and Responsibility are our founding values.
Promont currently has two subsidiaries in Côte d’Ivoire with three distinct products: Cocoa, Tomato paste and manioc starch. Its strategies therefore align with its two projects:
- To grow its footprint in Cocoa processing and ultimately to become an ISO certified Cocoa butter, liquor and by-products producer
- To establish an ISO certified Manioc Starch and tomato paste producing plant
The processing plant in Duékoué, when fully operational (with a 1-shift system) has an “official” total production capacity of 3750 tonnes per month. Promont SA has secured contracts with JB Foods (Malaysia), Guang Chong (Malaysia) and Theobroma (Netherlands).
The processing plant in Kotobo will be a self-sustained, top-class facility which will be thoroughly integrated into the community. It will consist of the following essential elements:
- Socio-economic InfrastructureWhenever we do ANYTHING our off-take agreements account for 75-80% of the production capacity that we produce
- Promont SA’s philosophy is to
- Build sustainable businesses
- Build scalable Businesses
- Uplift the lives of communities in which we operate
- Build profitable businesses
“We measure our success through the impact we have in our communities – NOT JUST Dollars and cents”